Second Summer School on De-Growth Theory and alternative currency systems (Giovinazzo, Bari, Italy – from 7th to 11th of September 2016) organized by Economia Solidale and Associazione Decrescita, with the contribution of Equo Garantito, RETICS (Reti Comunitarie di Scambio), De-Pilamoci and Costellazione Apulia. Scholarships are also financed by Banca Etica and SELS project (Sistemi di Economie Locali e Sostenibili).
The Summer school aims at providing tools to understand and deal with the problems of sustainable economies and community currency systems in the current crisis context. We will analyze some reasons behind the crisis and the possible solutions following three main research directions:
- fundamentals of ecological and ethical economics, evaluating necessary socio-cultural changes and possible solutions for new theoretical frameworks;
- institutional and political aspects of community currency systems, considering new roles for the public sector;
- analyzing technical and organizational aspects of community currency systems: focusing on current perspectives and possible evolution.
The school is thought as an ongoing mutual exchange of views and experiences between lecturers and attendees; for this reason they are invited to stay in the same residence during the whole course. The school will be held in Casa per Ferie Fra’ Camillo Campanella del Seminario serafico dei frati Cappuccini di Giovinazzo (Via Crocifisso, 54) located on the outskirts of the town in Puglia near a beautiful beach.The structure, from which you can easily reach the city center and the train station, offers:
- accommodation in single or multiple bed rooms (bed linen and towels not provided) with shared bathrooms,
- a large park, where you can camp with your own tents, with no charge for accommodation.
The registration fee including food and accommodation (from Wednesday’s dinner to Sunday’s breakfast ) is 190 Euros. The registration fee including only food (from Wednesday’s dinner to Sunday’s breakfast ) is 140 Euros. Fee including only food for students and unemployeds is 120 Euro. Reductions may be agreed with for those who would like to contribute as volunteer for the organization of the school.
Children under 12 years old accompanying parents are accommodated free of charge. Any assistance / entertainment services for children and / or needs related to food and logistics in general should be discussed directly with the holiday home by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information please send an email to: email@example.com
You can find further information at: